This is a delicious healthy alternative for making cheese sandwiches.
- 2 cups water or plain soymilk
- 1/2 nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
Nutritional yeast is available from health food shops. It is expensive to buy, but you only need a little at a time.
- Lightly oil a mold or bowl of your choice that will hold about 3 cups
- Combine all ingredients in a good blender and process for about 5 minutes until really, really smooth
- Pour mix into saucepan and cook and stir over medium heat until, miraculously, the lumps you were really worrying about just vanish and you get a really thick and sticky creamy mixture
- Spoon into bowl and cool a few minutes before placing in fridge
- Keep in fridge, it should last 7 days or so
This recipe is from the Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook by Jo Stepaniak. We’d put more of her recipes on the site, but we think she’d rather you buy the book!