This is a delicious healthy alternative to white sauce.
- 1 tablespoon nuttelex (margarine)
- 1 tablespoon flour
Nuttelex is a brand of margarine popular with vegans. It calls itself virtually free of trans fats. Check your margarine label for both milk solids and transfats. Avoid both.
- In a small saucepan on a low heat, melt the margarine
- Stir in the flour until the mix is smooth
- Add soymilk slowly and keep stirring, as it gets thick, add more soymilk until it thins to the consistency you like.
- If you don’t stir enough, you will get lumps. Something like a bamix or similar whisk is a good way to cheat and get things nice and smooth again